- Must be a Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma tribal member
- Must be actively pursuing a higher education degree at an accredited institution
- Must be working toward a minimum of an associate degree
- Must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours
- Open to concurrent high school students (students in high school taking college courses)
- Must maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher in the previous semester to receive scholarship funding
- Must complete an online application each semester and provide the required documentation to receive assistance
- Required documents include college class schedule, college transcript or high school transcript (if new applicant), FERPA authorization form, student ID number documentation (renewing students only)
- High school students must also provide:
- Current high school transcript
- W-9 form
How to Apply
Have all required digital documents available and complete the online application through Chahta Achvffa during the following application periods:
- Fall: Aug. 1 - Oct. 1
- Spring: Jan. 2 - March 1
- Summer: May 1 - June 15
Please have all digital documents available before beginning the application process. Documents that have been altered will not be accepted. Please refrain from writing or drawing on documents that are provided to the Higher Education Office.
The Higher Education office will communicate with the applicant via the email address provided on the application. It is recommended that students apply with an email address that will be monitored frequently. Students over the age of 18 must speak directly with the Higher Education Program. FERPA releases do not permit our team to alter contact data with any other party.
Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received. Processing time is 6 to 8 weeks from the time the application is submitted. Should the student’s contact information change after completion of the application, the student must contact the Higher Education office to update their record.
Award amounts are based upon the previous semester’s GPA, classification, and enrollment status. The award amount may vary semester to semester. Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher in the previous semester to receive scholarship funding.
*Award amounts for high school students are based upon the current semester’s number of college courses.
Undergraduate – 12 or more credit hours
Graduate – 9 or more credit hours
Undergraduate – 3-11 credit hours
Graduate – 3-8 credit hours
Any degree program that considers full-time or part-time status of a different enrollment rate must be shown in writing from the institution.
Students may be provided one degree per degree level; students are not eligible to receive funding for more than one degree at the same education level.
- Concurrent High school students - 8 total grading periods
- Associate degree – 6 full-time grading periods
- Bachelor’s degree (includes associate’s level) – 12 full-time grading periods (includes 6 full-time associate level semesters)
- Master’s degree - 6 full-time grading periods
- Doctoral degree – 4 full-time grading periods total after All but Dissertation (ABD) status