- One member of household must have CDIB or tribal membership card from any federally recognized tribe
- Copy of SSN card for all household occupants
- Employment verifications for all household members who are age 18 years or older (retirement, TANF, unemployment benefits, workers compensation, social security benefits, SSI, DHS, or child support received). If self-employed, a copy of signed and dated income tax return must be included.
- Address verification, such as a utility bill, lease agreement or rent
- Applicants may not be on SNAP (Food Stamps) and the Food Distribution Program at the same time
How to Apply
Provide documentation and have a face-to-face interview at one of the markets. Applications are available online or at any of the Community Centers and Food Distribution Markets.
The Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) is a jointly funded program between the USDA and the Choctaw Nation. This program provides healthy, nutritious foods to income-eligible households living within the boundaries of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma and those counties in Arkansas and Texas that border the Choctaw Nation. The Food Distribution Program has five markets located strategically across the Choctaw Nation to better serve our tribal members, including Antlers, Broken Bow, Durant, McAlester and Poteau. Applications are available below or at any one of the Choctaw Nation Community Centers as well as at each Food Distribution Market.