Service Coordination/Homeownership Education/HUD Approved Counseling Services

Service Coordination

Service Coordination is a professional practice in which the Service Coordinator (SC) is a facilitator, advisor, educator, advocate and community services referral agent for the Housing Authority of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma (HACNO). The most fundamental role of a Service Coordinator is to link individuals to a wide range of community services that ultimately empower them to live independently and become self-sufficient.
All services are free of charge.

To enroll in counseling or classes contact [email protected] or download, complete & submit the following forms for registration. The forms can not be submitted from inside a browser, so you must download them to your computer first. Once you have downloaded the form, open it using Adobe Reader to enable all functions. You can download Adobe Reader here for free.

Confidential Information
Monthly Budget sheet

Education Services

Education Services offered by the HACNO Service Coordination Program include:

  • Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education
  • Post Purchase Homeownership Education
  • Rental Education
  • To enroll in counseling or classes contact [email protected]



Counseling Services

Counseling services offered by the HACNO Service Coordination Program include:

  • Financial Management/ Budget & Credit Counseling
  • Mortgage Delinquency & Default Resolution Counseling
  • Pre-purchase Counseling for Potential Homeowners
  • Rental Housing Counseling
  • Services for Homeless Counseling
  • To enroll in counseling or classes contact [email protected]


A HUD-approved housing counselor is specially trained and certified to help you assess your financial situation, evaluate options if you are having trouble paying your mortgage loan, and evaluate options for rental or homelessness. Housing counselors are well equipped to help you understand and evaluate your options.

What happens when you call a housing counselor?

If you’re calling because you’re having trouble paying your mortgage, the housing counselor will ask you for information about your mortgage loan, such as the amount you owe and the date of your last payment. This information is generally on your last mortgage loan statement. The housing counselor may also ask for information about your pay stubs, tax returns, recent bank statements, and other bills you pay each month, such as car loans and credit cards. The counselor is asking for this information to understand your financial situation and how much you can afford for a monthly mortgage payment.

If you’re having trouble paying your mortgage

A HUD-approved housing counselor cannot promise that you will get to keep your home. They will help you look at your options so you can make a decision that’s right for you.

If you are facing imminent foreclosure or have been served with legal papers, you may also need to consult an attorney.

For more information about any of these services, please contact us at 800-522-6170 or 918-647-3668.