- Students must possess a High School Diploma or equivalency. Students may apply after a minimum of 12 credit hours have been completed. High school students enrolled in college (Concurrent/Dual Credit) are not eligible.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 6 hours for the upcoming semester at an accredited college or university working toward a minimum of an associate degree. Students enrolled in vocational or technical schools, certifications, or correspondence courses cannot be assisted through the college clothing allowance.
- Funds are awarded based on the most recently completed spring or fall semester GPA and credit hours completed. Summer semesters do not apply. Zero level and Pass/Fail courses do not count unless the institution counts them in the semester totals.
- An allowance of $150 is available to part-time students with a semester GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- An allowance of $250.00 is available to full-time students with a semester GPA of 2.5 to 3.4.
- An allowance of $300.00 is available to full-time students with a semester GPA of 3.5 or greater.
- Part-time status is defined as:
- Undergraduate (Associate and Bachelor degrees): 6-11 hrs.
- Graduate (Master and Doctoral degrees): 6-8 hrs.
- Nursing: 6-8 hrs.
- Full-Time status is defined as:
- Undergraduate (Associate and Bachelor degrees): 12+ hrs.
- Graduate (Master and Doctoral degrees): 9+ hrs.
- Nursing: 9+ hrs.
- Part-time status is defined as:
Before beginning the online application process, please have the following information available:
- Chahta Achvffa member profile- A profile will need to be created in the Chahta Achvffa member portal. This site is designed to be a convenient source for members to update their contact information and name changes, apply for services, and store documents. Tribal members over the age of 18 will have to have their own account and cannot be added as a dependent. If contact information is not updated or accurate this will cause delays in funding and further documentation will be required.
- Valid email address that is checked regularly- This is how we will communicate with requests, questions, and approval or cancellation letters.
- Student social security number (SSN)- Please make sure the number is correct, if it is not, this will cause delays in funding.
- Complete up to date transcript- Official or unofficial screenshots or PDFs are accepted, please make sure it shows student name and institution name or web address, ALL previously completed courses, grades, credits and GPAs. If multiple schools were attended in the same semester, please submit a transcript or grade report from each school. Degree audits and Word documents WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Current semester schedule- Screenshots or PDFs are accepted. Please make sure the schedule shows the student name, institution name or web address, course descriptions, and credits to be earned per course. Block schedules or word documents WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- The Fall funding cycle, available June 1st-September 1st, is based on the most recently completed Spring semester’s GPA and credit hours completed as well as how many hours are enrolled in for the current Fall semester.
- The Spring funding cycle, available January 1st- April 1st, is based on the most recently completed Fall semester’s GPA and credit hours completed as well as how many hours are enrolled in for the current Spring semester.
The College Clothing Allowance Application will be available through the Chahta Achvffa Member Portal beginning January 1st, 2021.
To apply on the Member Portal click the button below