- Must be a male aged 18 or older
- Must have a CDIB from a federally recognized tribe
- Choctaw tribal members may reside anywhere
- Members of other tribes must live within the Choctaw reservation
- Evident physical and mental dysfunction related substance use disorder
- Completed phone screening and admissions application
- Court-related cases and referrals will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
The person wishing to receive treatment should call 918-567-2389 and participate in a phone screening, which will be reviewed by the Recovery Center Treatment Team. If the Treatment Team approves the phone screening, the client will be mailed, emailed or faxed an application packet. Once the Recovery Center receives a completed application, it will be reviewed, and the client will be placed on the waiting list.
The Choctaw Nation Recovery Center, located near the Choctaw Nation Health Care Center in Talihina, Oklahoma, offers an intensive, 60-day residential program in which clients receive individual counseling, group therapy and family counseling, along with 12-step education and instruction, relapse prevention, coping skills and ropes course, among many other treatment components.