- Must reside within Choctaw Nation service area
- At least one Choctaw tribal member in household
- Meet income guidelines
- Complete Financial Wellness Plan
- Next Step Initiative Households
- Focus on financial wellness for long term success. Households may receive up to 12 months of assistance, based on household situation and program policies.
- Next Step Initiative Elder and Disabled Households
- Focus on maintaining sustainability. Household may receive unlimited months of assistance, based on household situation and program policies.
- All household members, excluding minors, age sixty years of age or older, or under the age of sixty with a documented disability, receiving disability, draw retirement or VA benefits.
How to Apply
Contact a Next Step Initiative location for an application. For in-person service, please schedule an appointment with a Next Step Initiative Coordinator at any location. Eligibility and services cannot be guaranteed without all necessary documentation and an appointment.
Next Step Initiative
PO Box 1210
Durant, OK 74702-1210
Offering help to tribal members who do not qualify for other income-based programs, primarily assisting those truly looking to expand their knowledge of managing personal finances. A focus on financial wellness for long term success. Households may receive up to 12 months of assistance, based on household situation and program policies.
Upon meeting the eligibility requirements, a Visa debit card will be provided to help supplement household needs while building and sustaining financial wellness habits.
- Household of 1 = $80
- Household of 2 = $160
- Household of 3 or more = $240
Financial Wellness Plan
A Financial Wellness Plan is given to all eligible households. The Financial Wellness Plan assists clients through the basics of money and debt management.