- Child must be aged 3 to 5; preference given to Native American children
- Income verification documents for the past 12 months for all parent income. Required documents include but are not limited to:
- Pay stubs for past 12 months or latest income tax return (1040 or W-2)
- Child Support
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Social Security and/or Disability Income
- Completed Employer Income Verification showing hours worked and pay rate if pay stubs are unavailable
- Child's birth certificate (or other proof of age)
- Child's immunization record (required if selected for enrollment)
- Current IEP (Individualized Education Plan) or IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan), if applicable
- Legal documents/court orders for foster child, if applicable
- TANF document, if applicable
How to Apply
Contact the program for further information.
PO Box 1210
Durant, OK 74702-1210
Head Start program operation times vary per location. Extended hours are available for parents and guardians who are working or attending classes and have no other childcare options.
Atoka, Broken Bow, Hugo, Wilburton, and Wright City
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Antlers, Bennington, Coalgate, Durant, Idabel, McAlester, Poteau, and Stigler
Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.