- Must be a Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma tribal member
- Must reside within the state of Oklahoma
- Pay all regular fees to tag agency at the time of registration
- Tribal member must be listed as the owner or co-owner on vehicle title
- Tribal member must present a Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma tribal membership card to the tag agency at the time of registration
- Additional form(s) of ID may be requested in the event current name does not match Tribal Membership records.
- For veteran tag eligibility, veteran status must be established with the Tribal Membership Department by submitting appropriate verification.
How to Apply
Choctaw Nation tribal license plates can be purchased at any Oklahoma Tag Agency.
Reimbursements for new/pre-owned, or renewals for non-commercial vehicle registrations. After paying all regular fees at the time of registration, reimbursement configurations are:
- New registration fees are eligible for a 20% reimbursement
- Excise tax fees
- Lien fees
- Transfer fees
- Prior registrations fees
- Sales taxes are eligible for a 65% reimbursement of the registration.
- Renewal registration fees are eligible for a 20% reimbursement or a flat rate of twenty dollars ($20), whichever is greater. Renewal registration fee reimbursement may also include prior registration.
Reimbursements are mailed to the address provided by the State of Oklahoma. Expect to receive reimbursement within 60-90 days of the date the Choctaw Nation tribal license plate was purchased if all information is accurate.