- Child must reside within the Choctaw Nation service area
- Child must be under the age of 13
- Child must be a member of a federally recognized Native American tribe or resides with a Native American family. The Native American family must include one parent/guardian who is a member of a federally recognized tribe.
- Both parents must be working, in training, or attending an educational program
- Income verifications to be completed by employer and one month's check stubs from each working parent
- Copy of front and back of child's CDIB card (or parent/guardian)
- Copy of child's SSN card (or parent/guardian)
- Copy of child's state birth certificate
- Current class schedule of parent/guardian attending school
- Utility bill (current gas, electric or water bill) with parent/guardian name and current address. If the utility is in someone else's name, then a copy of their bill and a signed note of explanation is required from the account holder.
- Divorce Decree or Affidavit of Separation, if applicable. Legal documentation could be required from all previous marriages in which a child was born.
How to Apply
Complete application and provide copies of all necessary documentation.
Child Care Assistance
PO Box 1210
Durant, OK 74702
This program increases the availability, affordability and quality of childcare services in the Choctaw Nation service area while upholding Public Law 102-477, which is the Indian Employment, Training, and Related Services Demonstration Act of 1992, as amended by Public Law 106-568, the Omnibus Indian Advancement Act of 2000.