Child Care Assistance

Child Care Assistance

Assists eligible low-income Native American families with financial obligations for childcare.


  • Child must reside within the Choctaw Nation service area
  • Child must be under the age of 13
  • Child must be a member of a federally recognized Native American tribe or resides with a Native American family. The Native American family must include one parent/guardian who is a member of a federally recognized tribe.
  • Both parents must be working, in training, or attending an educational program
  • Income verifications to be completed by employer and one month's check stubs from each working parent
  • Copy of front and back of child's CDIB card (or parent/guardian)
  • Copy of child's SSN card (or parent/guardian)
  • Copy of child's state birth certificate
  • Current class schedule of parent/guardian attending school
  • Utility bill (current gas, electric or water bill) with parent/guardian name and current address. If the utility is in someone else's name, then a copy of their bill and a signed note of explanation is required from the account holder.
  • Divorce Decree or Affidavit of Separation, if applicable. Legal documentation could be required from all previous marriages in which a child was born.

How to Apply

Complete application and provide copies of all necessary documentation.

Child Care Assistance
PO Box 1210
Durant, OK 74702
Fax: 580-920-4959

Additional Information

This program increases the availability, affordability and quality of childcare services in the Choctaw Nation service area while upholding Public Law 102-477, which is the Indian Employment, Training, and Related Services Demonstration Act of 1992, as amended by Public Law 106-568, the Omnibus Indian Advancement Act of 2000.


CNO Headquarters

Choctaw Nation Headquarters
1802 Chukka Hina
Durant, OK 74701
Fax: 580-920-4959