Published October 31, 2022
By Chief Gary Batton
Tomorrow marks the beginning of Native American month, a time to celebrate the rich history and diverse cultures of the Choctaw people. So, let’s show our Tushka (warrior) spirit by letting your voice be heard and voting in November. I also would like to encourage you to attend our Powwow to experience and protect our vibrant culture and history.
Make Your Voice Heard
- Early voting is November 2-5; there will be limited buses available on Thursday, November 3 and Friday, November 5 from the Community Centers and some office buildings for Tribal Members and Associates. Please check with your local community center or Government Relations for details.
- The general election is November 8. For mor information, visit our CNO Voter Registration and Voter Education webpage
Experience Native American Culture
- The 17th Annual Choctaw Powwow will kick off Native American Heritage Month November 4 – 6;
- The Choctaw Cultural Center will host Choctaw Day on Friday, November 4. The Powwow will then move to the Choctaw Event Center November 5 and 6 for two days of dance and drum competitions.
- Check out our Native November events to enjoy some of the best cultural experiences that Choctaw Nation has to offer.
This November is important, and I want to encourage all of you to exercise your right to choose your representatives in all levels of government. When we vote, we’re saying we care about what happens in our state, our country, our tribe, and our future.
Yakoke and God bless!