CNHSA COVID-19 Patient Information
What do I need to do if I have symptoms of a cold, flu, or COVID-19?
When you have symptoms of fever, cough, and shortness of breath:
- If your symptoms are mild, stay home and treat as any other cold
- Around 80% of COVID-19 cases are classified as “mild”
- If your symptoms are more than mild, please call your Primary Care Provider or your local Health Clinic and ask to speak with a nurse BEFORE visiting a Health facility.
- We are encouraging the use of virtual visits and telemedicine to reduce the chance of spreading colds and viruses. You may be eligible for a Virtual or Telephonic visit with your provider.
- Please be aware that if you come to a healthcare facility, you will be screened for fever and symptoms prior to entering the facilities
- This is done in order to reduce the chance of disease spread
- You may be asked to wait in your car
- If you are screened and asked to remain outside the facility, you will need to provide your cell number for a phone visit with a healthcare worker
- You may be tested (swabbed) outside our buildings
- A COVID-19 test takes around three days for results to be available