Chahta Anumpa Aiikhvna, the School of Choctaw Language, offers a wide variety of ways to learn the Choctaw Language.
- CHTW1513 Choctaw Language and Culture I
- CHTW1613 Choctaw Language and Culture II
- CHTW1713 Choctaw Language and Culture III
- CHTW1813 Choctaw IV
- CHTW3003 Intermediate Conversational Choctaw
- CHTW4003 Advanced Conversational Choctaw
College Course Information
Must be admitted and enrolled as a student at one of the participating institutions. Students are responsible for costs associated with enrollment.
- These courses fulfill general education requirements for the college.
- A Choctaw language minor (18 hours) is available.
Our community classes are offered free of charge and are either held in person or online.
In-person classes are held at Choctaw Community Centers throughout the Choctaw Reservation.
- Locations – TBA
- Schedules – TBA
- Zoom classes are scheduled online classes with one of our community teachers.
- All class times are Central Standard Time (CST).
- Duration – Classes are one day a week for ten weeks.
- Registration is required through the Chahta Anumpa Aiikhvna (Choctaw School of Language) website. Only one registration per household is allowed, but other family members may attend the online session.
- Reliable Internet Connection.
- Functional webcam, microphone, and speakers.
- Zoom app
- Choctaw Language, Level I
- Choctaw Language, Level II
- Choctaw Language, Level III
- Choctaw Language, Level IV
Chahta Anumpa Aiikhvna (The School of Choctaw Language) has developed a self-paced language course that allows you to learn on your schedule. The course will be delivered via the Canvas Learning Management System.
This course was designed to promote Choctaw language learning with convenience in mind. Students can access the course from home or anywhere they have an internet connection and computer. This is a great opportunity to learn the language of our ancestors.
There is no fee required to take the class and it is open to anyone wanting to learn the Choctaw language. Chahta kil anumpuli! (Let’s speak Choctaw!)
Choctaw I Self-Paced Course – enroll in Chahta Anumpa Self-Paced Course (instructure.com)