Independent Elder Housing
Independent Elder Housing is affordable housing available to elders that are able to live independently. The units are designed for one person or one person and their spouse.
Tenant rent in the Independent Elder Program is based on 15% of the gross adjusted income for the household.
Each unit is equipped with energy star appliance:
- Central Heat & Air
|Site Locations||Antlers - Broken Bow - Coalgate - Hartshorne - Hugo - Idabel - Poteau - Stigler - Smithville - Talihina - Wilburton - Calera - Atoka - Savanna|
- These units are designed for a single person or a person and their spouse.
- Each applicant must be able to live independently.
- Applicants must be 55 or older.
- Elder age 62 and older receive preference.
- Tenant must be able to pay 15% of their gross adjusted income towards rent.
Click here for an application, or, applications are available at your local Community Center
We welcome any calls or visits to our office.
Phone: 800-235-3087 / 580-326-7521