The STAR Program is an educational incentive program that encourages and improves the academic success of Choctaw students. The program intends to recognize and reward the academic excellence of Choctaw students and encourage more students to achieve success in the classroom.
The STAR application ensures up-to-date information for each student and provides a point of contact to confirm the information displayed on the report card. This guarantees that awards are mailed to the appropriate location and expedites processing.
The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma is committed to making sure that every Choctaw student is successful in their educational career. As our students excel in school, the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma wants to make sure they are rewarded.
Choctaw members who are currently enrolled in grades 2nd through 12th are eligible to join the STAR Program.
- STAR awards are only given twice a year for each completed semester.
- *If your school does not have semester grades, the following scale applies:
- 1st & 2nd Nine Week Grades (or 1st & 2nd Block Grades) = Fall
- 3rd & 4th Nine Weeks Grades (or 3rd & 4th Block Grades) = Spring
- Students attending schools with trimester grading terms is as follows:
- Fall Semester : Trimester 1
- Spring Semester: Trimesters 2 and 3
- To qualify for Perfect Attendance, a copy of the student’s official attendance record is required.
- Recognition each semester (twice per academic year)
- All A’s - $25 Gift Card
- A’s & B’s or All B’s - $10 Gift Card
- Perfect Attendance - $25 Gift Card
- (School Policy Honored)
Durant, OK 74702