This application is unavailable at this time. Please visit the COVID-19 Coronavirus Relief Fund page for other funding opportunities.
The Choctaw Nation offers a one-time technology allowance of $500.00 to Choctaw tribal members throughout the United States who are currently working toward a minimum of an associate degree at an accredited institution. The one-time allowance is to be used toward technology purchases ONLY at select technology retailers. Funds are limited and will be processed on a first come, first served basis. The yearly application will open on the 3rd Monday of January at 8:00 a.m. CST and stay open until funding limits have been met.
- Student must hold a valid Certificate Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) card and valid Choctaw Nation tribal membership.
- Student must possess a high school diploma or equivalency and be pursuing, at minimum, an associate degree.
- Student must have completed a minimum of 12 college credit hours overall. Zero-level courses DO NOT count unless the institution counts them.
- Student must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the current spring term.
- Student must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 for the preceding Fall grading period or semester.
- Students who are enrolled in a certification, license, technical or trade school program are not eligible for the Technology Allowance Program. Students must be seeking a degree (associate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral).
- Concurrent students (students currently in high school who are enrolled in college courses) are not eligible.
- Students who have previously received the technology allowance or students who were funded under the College Computer Distribution Program.
- Students who are attending schools that do not issue grades or GPA’s.
Required documentation for application submission:
- Current spring semester schedule stating: student name, institution name, course descriptions and credit hours to be earned per course.
- Block schedules and degree audits will not be accepted.
- Complete up to date transcript stating: Student name, institution name, all completed courses and semesters with grades, credit hours earned and GPAs.
- Students who are on non-traditional semesters or have alternative grading scales or credit hours or equivalencies are required to include adequate documentation stating this information from their institution along with their transcripts.
- Degree audits will not be accepted.
- Graduate students, with less than 12 hours completed in their program, are required to submit their complete undergraduate transcript(s).
Application processing time is 6-8 weeks from the date of application submission.
Choctaw Nation Higher Education Program
1-800-522-6170 ext: 4241 or 6079.