Technology Allowance Program
This application is unavailable at this time. Please visit the COVID-19 Coronavirus Relief Fund page for other funding opportunities.
The Choctaw Nation offers a one-time technology allowance to Choctaw tribal members throughout the United States who are currently working toward a minimum of an Associate degree at an accredited institution. The one-time allowance is to be used toward technology purchases ONLY at select technology retailers.
- Students must hold a Valid Certificate Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) card and valid Choctaw Nation Tribal Membership.
- Students must have completed a minimum of 12 college credit hours. Zero level courses DO NOT count.
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the current spring term.
- Students must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 and higher.
- Students must have received the Higher Education Scholarship or Grant funding for the previous fall semester.
- Students must have already submitted an application to the Higher Education Scholarship and Grant for the current spring term.
- Students that are enrolled in a certification, license, technical or trade school program are not eligible for the Technology Allowance Program. Students must be seeking a degree (Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degrees).
- Students who have previously received the technology allowance or students that were funded under the College Computer Distribution Program.
- Students that are attending schools who do not issue grades or GPA’s.
Required documentation for application submission:
- Current spring semester schedule stating: student name, institution name, course descriptions and credit hours to be earned per course.
- Block schedules and degree audits will not be accepted.
- Complete up to date transcript stating: Student name, institution name, all completed courses and semesters with grades, credit hours earned, and GPAs.
- If multiple schools have been attended previously, a complete transcript from each institution must be submitted. Funding is based on your true cumulative GPA collected from all institutions.
- Students who are on non-traditional semesters or have alternative grading scales or credit hours or equivalencies will need to provide adequate documentation stating this information from their institution and include the information with their transcripts.
- Degree Audits will not be accepted.
- Graduate students, with less than 12 hours completed in their program, will need to supply their complete undergraduate transcript(s).
Application processing time is 8-10 weeks.
Choctaw Nation Higher Education Program
1-800-522-6170 ext: 2518.