Technology Allowance Program
The Choctaw Nation offers a one-time technology allowance of $500 to Choctaw tribal members throughout the United States who are currently attending an accredited college or university. Funding is limited and approval is based on a first come, first serve basis. Students must meet all eligibility requirements to receive funding. The yearly application opened on January 18, 2021 and stay open until funding limits have been met.
Apply here: https://techapplication.choctawnation.com
- Must be a registered Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma tribal member
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalency
- Concurrent/Dual Credit students are not eligible
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing a minimum of an Associate degree
- Students who are enrolled in a certification or licensure program are not eligible
- Must have earned a minimum cumulative of 12 credit hours overall
- Please note: Zero Level courses do not contribute to earned credit hours unless the institution recognizes them as such.
- Must have received a minimum semester GPA of 2.5 in the preceding Fall grading period or semester
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the current Spring grading period or semester
- If you have already received a laptop under the College Computer Distribution Program or funding from the Technology Allowance Program in previous years, you do not qualify for additional funding.
Required documentation for application submission:
- Current spring semester schedule stating: student name, institution name, course descriptions and credit hours to be earned per course.
- Block schedules and degree audits will not be accepted.
- Complete up to date transcript stating: Student name, institution name, all completed courses and semesters with grades, credit hours earned and GPAs.
- Students who are on non-traditional semesters or have alternative grading scales or credit hours or equivalencies are required to include adequate documentation stating this information from their institution along with their transcripts.
- Degree audits will not be accepted.
- Graduate students, with less than 12 hours completed in their program, are required to submit their complete undergraduate transcript(s).
Application processing time is 6-8 weeks from the date of application submission.
Choctaw Nation Higher Education Program
1-800-522-6170 ext: 4241 or 4988.