Council elects 2013-14 officers
The Choctaw Nation Tribal Council held its last regular session of the fiscal year on Sept. 14 at Tvshka Homma. Included in the agenda were election and appointment of positions for 2013-14.
Delton Cox, Thomas Williston and Joe Coley were chosen by acclamation to continue their roles as speaker, secretary and chaplain, respectively.
Speaker Cox reappointed Bob Rabon as parliamentarian, Sylvester Moore as sergeant-at-arms and Patty Hawkins as secretary of the Tribal Council.
The 12-member council divides into two committees that regularly meet with Choctaw programs, services and businesses. Committee 1 is comprised of Ron Perry, Joe Coley, Jack Austin, Perry Thompson, Anthony Dillard and Bob Pate. Members of Committee 2 are Thomas Williston, Kenny Bryant, Tony Messenger, Delton Cox, Ted Dosh and James Frazier.
Individual councilmembers also serve on other boards such as an ethics subcommittee and a land acquisition and property subcommittee, donations and gaming committees, and local community organizations.
Twenty council bills were introduced during new business. Approved were:
- the budget for FY 2012-13 Choctaw Nation VOCA Grant;
- Fiscal Year 2014 budgets for the General Fund, Choctaw Nation VOCA Grant, Child Care Development Fund, estimated Grant Expenditures, estimated Consolidated Tribal Government Programs, Choctaw Nation Women’s, Infants and Children (WIC), WIC Farmer’s Market, and the Health Services Authority.
- modifications for FY/2013 Choctaw Nation WIC and Choctaw Nation WIC Farmers Market budgets;
- funds and budget for Food Distribution Program Nutrition Education;
- funds and budget for the Support for Expectant and Parenting Teens, Women, Fathers and their Families program;
- a 10-year Natural Resource Management Plan;
- an Electric Transmission Line Easement with AEP Oklahoma Transmission Co. Inc.;
- a revocable permit with Mike Scantlen;
- creation of CNO Investments LLC.;
- equity investment in IC Intelligence;
- and investment in a gaming machine lease with Integrity Gaming Inc.