Healthier Chicken Pot Pie IX
Recipe from allrecipes.com
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 1 ½ cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons Brummel and Brown spread
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup wheat flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. celery seed
- 1 ¾ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup 1% milk
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked whole wheat pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery in a saucepan. Cover with water. Boil until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and vegetables are fork tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- Cook and stir onions in Brummel and Brown spread in a saucepan over medium heat, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Place chicken mixture in bottom pie crust; pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in preheated oven until pie is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Makes eight servings
- Calories – 250
- Total Carbs – 26.7g
- Total fat – 10g
- Fiber – 2.2g
- Sat fat – 1g
- Protein – 15.3g
- Sodium – 543mg