Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma

The Great Seal of the Choctaw Nation
RSS

Ida Lamb

Robbie Lamb Robbie Lamb

posted on August 5, 2011

I read about Ida Lamb and James F. Lamb on your discussion board. My grandfather was James F. Lamb’s brother.
James F. Lamb was killed by his son-in-law near Caddo Oklahoma in the early 1900’s. His son-in-law, was Julai Hampton, he shot James F, after they left a theatre near there.
Hampton went to jail, and eventually got out, but I don’t know what happened to him after that. If you would like more information on our family just ask me. If you know more about the Lamb family and opal Ida, please let me know. She was my dad’s aunt.

attached:

Cathy Gateley Cathy Gateley

posted on August 5, 2011

Hi Robbie, thank you for writing. I am Richard Lamb’s daughter. He just told me that he visited you last year I believe. I was just trying to do some research for him, but apparently you have a lot more than what I am finding. Mom & Dad have been up here at the farm for 2 months and he said he would get in touch with you when he gets back home to his computer. Thanks for writing….Cathy Lamb Gateley

Robbie Lamb Robbie Lamb

posted on August 10, 2011

Hello Cathy,
yes, I met Richard, he is so nice! You can find where James F was killed, I think I might have emailed that information to Richard.
Your family is so very special, and I hope you the very best.
You are not the one who came here are you? Was it your sister?

Cathy Gateley Cathy Gateley

posted on August 23, 2011

Hi Robbie, yes that was my older sister. You probably emailed that info to my dad and now he can’t remember. Thanks for all your help. My dad was so happy he got to meet you. Good luck in all of your research. I don’t have much time for this, but I will try to look some more when I can.