Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma

The Great Seal of the Choctaw Nation
RSS

WALLS Family

Amber Murphy Amber Murphy

posted on April 26, 2011

My Great Great Grandmother is Elizabeth Walls (1895 – 1968). Her role number is 12429. Family legend states that she was murdered by white men because of her heritage. I am looking for information to support or refute this. I am also looking for any other information on her and my ancestors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Robert N Harris Robert N Harris

posted on April 26, 2011 and updated on April 28, 2011

cc

suzanne hamlet shatto suzanne hamlet shatto

posted on April 27, 2011

you should probably first look up her obituary through interlibrary loan. see your local public library for that.

then you might look at a local newspaper near her home, around the time of her death and see if you find any information. this is an interlibrary loan idea, as many newspapers are on microfilm.

there are several newspapers online also. ancestry.com has several newspapers and your local public library probably has a subscription to ancestry.com.

her death certificate might be helpful. the state office for vital records would be able to give you a copy of her death certificate.

suzanne hamlet shatto

Jonathan S. Chilton Jonathan S. Chilton

posted on May 2, 2011

To search the Dawes Final Rolls:

http://www.okhistory.org/research/dawes/index.php

Oklahoma Historical Society Research Center:

http://www.okhistory.org/research/index.html

Copy and paste the appropriate URL into your web browser and it will take you to the Website.

Jennifer Mieirs Jennifer Mieirs

posted on August 11, 2011

Dawes card 4475 shows Elizabeth Walls daughter of Jesse Walls and Pink Davenport.
Jesse Walls was the son of Thomas J. Walls and Eliza.
Thomas J. Walls was the son of Jesse Wall and Delilah McKinney. Jesse Wall’s father was Noah Wall, his mother was Delilah Folsom

Delilah McKinney’s mother was Katy, and her father or Brother was Jesse McKinney. Delilah had a nephew Simon E. Lewis who was on the charge of the Dawes Commission. I read several family testimonies in the Dawes, and I am thinking my gedcom is wrong but it may not be. Jesse McKinney was Simon’s Grandfather, and Thomas J. Walls was Simon’s first cousin. There is another Thomas Walls, my kinsman, who descends from Noah Wall.

In 1856 here is Dellilah with her children, in Cedar County
257 Deliley Folsom F
Emeley C
Edwin C
Thomas C

Jesse Mckinney is here as well
86 Jessee McKinney M
Elsey F
Simon C
Andrew C
Peter C
Li-vi-ney C
Silas C
Sinai C
Anney C
Sophyia C

Katy or Catherine McKinney was the mother, Jesse is the brother, that’s right…. heirs of Catherine McKinney in 1885-1889 testimony were..
Delila WAll heir of Catherin McKinney. Elsie Frazier in these records, but it is in Choctaw.
Simon Leis’s testimony.
Delilas Wall dead, husband dead, son Edwin Wall Thomas Wall. Kids of Jessie, Siney W., Silas, Anna Underwood, Phoebe Bell, Sophia dead.
yeah, wm russell and Louisa russel… these are Simon’s Aunts kids
Now, i think it goes
Catherine McKinney (married a Cherokee and died during CW)
Children
Jesse
Delilah
Elsie
Not 100% sure about this though, it’s been awhile since I read all the dawes files. I do recall Jesse is the grandfather of Simon Lewis.
Jen