Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma

The Great Seal of the Choctaw Nation

Annie Mills Annie Mills

posted on June 2, 2014

Researching your roots does not have to cost you an arm and a leg, some website are helping researchers access certain documents for free or for a small fee and I am a big fan of “Free”, or “Small Fee”. This website should be recognized as one of them, they have great documents and no subscription is required to access their documents. Just a thought my Researcher Friends.

suzanne hamlet shatto suzanne hamlet shatto

posted on June 3, 2014

i don’t know about that link. it appears to be a pay website to me. i cannot endorse that because it appears to me to try to sell general information and not native information. i don’t think people should advertise on someone else’s website without permission. this is the website of the choctaw tribe of oklahoma.

further, i have real questions about the prices, since they are listed in a non-standard form. this makes me wonder if the people putting up this website are even informed about genealogy or currency. maybe it does not matter to them.

i would recommend that people NOT purchase items from this website. they are not willing to give a phone# or address. if you buy something, they want your credit card# but are not willing to give any information about themselves. it might be a scam.

but the dawes applications taken 1896-1906 in indian territory can be accessed here:
partial names are ok.
match your ancestor with the family group on this card.

take the card#/family group and look for the reel here:

the card#s are in numerical order.

if you require a hard copy/paper copy of a dawes enrollment packet, – a month’s subscription is less than the price of a dawes packet elsewhere.
NARA – dawes packets are located here. fort worth, TX office
oklahoma historical society –

suzanne hamlet shatto