Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma

The Great Seal of the Choctaw Nation
RSS

Weaver/Selsor family photos

Rhonda Thompson McCreight Rhonda Thompson McCreight

posted on October 1, 2013

In going through boxes of old photos I have found photos of the weaver family one person named jack. My great great aunt jo Ada had married into this family. I have no other info in the names of any family members. I can be reached at ngcdrinkserveer@hotmail.com for inquiries.

suzanne hamlet shatto suzanne hamlet shatto

posted on October 1, 2013 and updated on October 2, 2013

dates, locations, children, maiden name of jo ada would probably be helpful. thank you for posting. it might be helpful to attach the photos to a family tree on ancestry.com (subscription) or put a link to a photo on another host and refer to it on a family tree on rootsweb.com, which is a free website.

my cousin did the same and although our family became estranged over the years, we were delighted to see photos of people/places we recognized from childhood.

there appears to be a family tree with these people. copying it in so that others can see the family members:

Ralph William Wever
Birth Apr 1884 in Texas
Death

Family Members
Parents

William Feimster Wever 1856 – 1935 Sarah “Sallie” Flagg Childress 1860 – 1935 Clara Madge Wever 1886 – 1970 Harriett Wayve Wever 1892 – Doris Elizabeth Wever 1895 – 1973 Mary 1889 – Joada “Joe A” Selsor 1887 – 1930 Gail William Wever 1907 – 1986 Wayne Folsom Wever 1909 – 1995 Muriel Eugenia Wever 1911 – 1978 Ralph Edward Wever 1913 – 1981

Timeline

Birth 1884 Apr Texas 2 source citations Residence 1900 Age: 16 Commerce Town, Hunt, Texas 1 source citation Marriage to Joada “Joe A” Selsor 1906 abt Age: 22 Oklahoma Residence 1910 Age: 26 Jackson, Coal, Oklahoma

Joada “Joe A” Selsor
Birth 1887 in Indian Territory, Choctaw Nation
Death 29 Nov 1930 in Wyoming

Birth: Aug., 1887
Oklahoma, USA
Death: Nov. 28, 1930
Evanston
Uinta County
Wyoming, USA

Wife of Ralph William Wever & Thomas Walls

Family links:
Parents:
John Alexander Selsor (1856 – 1913)
Agness Turnbull Selsor (1870 – 1905)

Children: Wayne Folsum Wever (1909 – 1995)* Muriel Eugenia Wever Dawson (1911 – 1978)* Ralph Edward Wever (1913 – 1981)*

*Calculated relationship

Burial:
Wyoming State Hospital Cemetery
Evanston
Uinta County
Wyoming, USA
from findagrave.com

posted on October 2, 2013

By looking at everything you posted this would be the right family. I don’t know how to go about posting the photos. Not really understanding basically.. I have 2-3 I’ve uploaded. I’ll try post them.

attached:

By looking at everything you posted this would be the right family. I don’t know how to go about posting the photos. Not really understanding basically.. I have 2-3 I’ve uploaded. I’ll try post them.

attached:

And another

attached:

right now, the choctaw tribe link to photos does not work.

this wouldn’t be a helpful forum for that.

i can try contacting owners of trees on ancestry.

since you have given your email in this post, maybe they will be able to contact you and you can attach them to an email.

suzanne

ok, i contacted everyone that has joada in their family tree on ancestry.com. 5 people. gave them your email address.

suzanne

posted on October 4, 2013

Thank you very very much. You have been so much help to all of us.