Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma

The Great Seal of the Choctaw Nation
RSS

How to search here?

J Keeley J Keeley

posted on April 24, 2013

Can someone tell me how to target a search for a family name among the discussions on this forum? I don’t see a general search function. Thank you.

suzanne hamlet shatto suzanne hamlet shatto

posted on April 24, 2013

the tribe does not have a search function for the messageboard. i have also asked about it. so far, it is an unfunded project.

sorry.

suzanne hamlet shatto

J Keeley J Keeley

posted on April 24, 2013

Thanks for letting me know.

J Keeley J Keeley

posted on April 24, 2013

BTW, Can you tell me how I might contact a daughter who submitted a biographical entry for her father, who is an original enrollee, and my ancestor? It says “submitted by…” but there is no apparent email address. I’d love to get in touch with her to share info.

posted on April 24, 2013

i answered this question. maybe i answered the post on the other forum. when people put their question on both forums, they have to check both forums to see if someone answered.

the lady is deceased. but there are clues to her family in obituaries. see your local public library/interlibrary loan program for getting a copy of the obituaries.

then you might be able to use whitepages.com or google search to find relatives.

suzanne hamlet shatto

J Keeley J Keeley

posted on April 24, 2013

Yes, you answered also on the other forum. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

Margaret Luthy Margaret Luthy

posted on April 29, 2013 and updated on April 29, 2013

Hi, My name is Margaret S. Luthy. I have been trying to find my father’s family that lives in Oklahoma. I have been unsuccessful in finding them. I thought you could help me to find them. My maiden is Margaret S. Farris. The last name Farris is the family I am looking for.

posted on April 30, 2013

no dates, no specific location, no spouse.
farris is a common name.
http://www.whitepages.com/name/farris/Oklahoma

i don’t know if you are trying to find information because you are adopted or the circumstance.

you should start a new thread with your request and be sure to put your father’s name in the subject line.

people tend to read the subject and see if they would be interested in the subject enough to read more.

farris happens to also be a location in oklahoma.

just to give you an idea about how many people live in OK with that surname:

Census & Voter Lists 4,134
1,030 1930 United States Federal Census
985 1940 United States Federal Census
934 1920 United States Federal Census
714 1910 United States Federal Census
333 1900 United States Federal Census
» View all 4,134 results
Birth, Marriage & Death 3,245
1,120 United States Obituary Collection
869 Web: Oklahoma, Find A Grave Index, 1800-2012
653 Social Security Death Index

gl.

suzanne hamlet shatto

JoRaye JoRaye

posted on May 14, 2013

Technically, you can do this with Google. It’s not pretty, but I’ve been able to find a few things. Just go to Google and format your search like this:

NameOfPersonI’mSearching site:http://www.choctawnation.com/forum/forums/2