Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma

The Great Seal of the Choctaw Nation
RSS

Lois Rebecca Wilson

Kathleen Rebecca Morgan Leow Kathleen Rebecca Morgan Leow

posted on June 30, 2012

I have discovered that Lois Rebecca Wilson married Henry Tennison and lived in Antlers OK. with my father Richard Arlin Morgan and another son Gill Tennison.

Kathleen Rebecca Morgan Leow Kathleen Rebecca Morgan Leow

posted on June 30, 2012 and updated on June 30, 2012

I have also discovered that her father was Bob Wilson and mother was Sudie E Gill. Please help with my quest to find my family

suzanne hamlet shatto suzanne hamlet shatto

posted on July 1, 2012

Lois was born in Lehigh OK. in about 1913.

are you trying to find your family in census records or with vital records? what is your goal?

what documents are you relying upon for the parents’ names?

you should get a copy of her birth certificate or delayed birth certificate from state vital records. with a common name, you need more information rather than less.

i do not see a sudie wilson married to a robert/bob wilson in the federal census records in the united states. so she might have been known by another name.

i think you should start with the death and work backwards in time.
you should find a cemetery record, maybe from findagrave.com or interment.com
you should get a copy of her obituary. see your local public library/interlibrary loan problem.

then you should try to find them on the 1900-1940 census. the 1940 census is not yet indexed, but if you know where they were located, then you might be able to find them browsing through the census. ancestry.com has the 1940 census, but both ancestry.com and heritage quest have the 1900-1930 census. your local public library probably has a subscription to both and you might be able to search heritage quest from home.

sudie gill might be a little easier to find. but there are still too many possible records.

View Record Name Parent or spouse names Home in 1910
(City, County, State) Birth Year Birthplace Relation to Head of House View Image
View Record Suder F Gill
[Sudie F Gill] William A,
Mary E Wilson, Wilson, North Carolina 1878 North Carolina Daughter
View Record Sudie B Gill Louis,
Mary F Beech Creek, Ashley, Arkansas 1895 Arkansas Daughter
View Record Sudie Gill L G,
Lizzie Justice Precinct 1, Franklin, Texas 1903 Texas Daughter
View Record Sudie Gill Jim,
Matha Blackstock, Chester, South Carolina 1904 South Carolina Daughter
View Record Sudie G Waller
[Sudie G Gill] Martha E,
Thomas D Memphis Ward 17, Shelby, Tennessee 1880 Tennessee Wife

View Record Name Parent or spouse names Home in 1900
(City, County, State) Birth Date Birthplace Relation to Head of House View Image
View Record Sudie B Gill Andrew Woodbury, Meriwether, Georgia Aug 1877 Georgia Wife
View Record Sadie Gill
[Sudie Gill] Alex,
Martha Beat 1, Scott, Mississippi May 1885 Mississippi Daughter
View Record Sudie Gill John,
Mary Jane Jug, Upson, Georgia Jul 1887 Georgia Daughter

there might be a misspelling in records or maybe people were known by another name.