Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma

The Great Seal of the Choctaw Nation
RSS

Information provided to assist person(s)...

Sonya Deaton - (Pistubbee) Sonya Deaton - (Pistubbee)

posted on February 9

Locating an ancestor,
search in CENSUS RECORDS
around the time frame

such as,
> Indian Census
> Federal Census

CENSUS RECORDS-
MAY aide,
to provide proof of a person(s)leanage by the information on the census records – of THE named Ancestor(s)- to related family of the group recorded on the census record.

another Source of Information
searching in,

> Probate Records
> Court Records

KEEPING a record of Dates with the Governing laws and any dicisions rendered, etc…
(enacted-enforced)
of that to which effects my Paticulars;
has been VITAL to tracking my ancestors
were abouts

such as if applicable-
> CONGRESSIONAL ACTS
court records related to ancestor
> name of a coutny or territory may be recorded
in the records.

Intent to share information upon the subject of this said discussion and in the manner of my opinion.

> the infor provided has been resourceful to my-self.

ENROLLED MEMBER-MCR DIRECT DESCENDENT-
SONYA DEATON-MISSISSIPPI CHOCTAW
deatonsonya@yahoo.com

THE FIVE CIVILIZED TRIBES
ACT OF APRIL 26, 1906 [34 STAT., 137]
ARTICLE XIV CLAIMANTS
ART XIV OF THE TREATY OF DANCING RABBIT CREEK

OUR ANCEATORS ALL-CHOCTAWS SECURED OUR RIGHTS
IN TREATYS OF AGREEMENTS-IN PURSUANT TO OUR-THE TRIBE “CHOCTAW”.

Leo Pergson Leo Pergson

posted on February 12 and updated on February 12

MCR- Mississippi Choctaw 14th Article Enrollment Records Researcher, Searching for an Ancestor who is an MC-R 14th Article Claimant-

As an MCR-14th Article Genealogist-Researcher-
My deepest respect for Sonya Deaton-Is an Enrolled member of Oklahoma/Mississippi
Choctaw Nation/Oklahoma/ We need more
Dedicated MCR-14th Article Genealogist-Researcher- Like Sonya Deaton-

First, Search-

http://userdb.rootsweb.ancestry.com/nativeamerican/

Search By, “First and Last Name” or just “Last Name”

Second, Once you have found your direct MCR- 14th Article Ancestor by [Vial Records] Federal Census Records- who was an MC-R 14th Article Claimant-

Thirdly, Search, NARA- Ancestrypaths.Com, Find the MCR- Criteria Range that your MCR-Case files falls within- It’s not as fast as Fold3 Records- But gives MC- Mississippi Choctaw
Enrollment Packet Records- Enrollment Cards- and some MC-Mississippi Choctaw Per Capita Payment Records- etc., that Fold3 Does-not- And Most of all’ there’s no subscription Fee-

http://www.ancestrypaths.com/five-civilized-tribes/

MC"R" Mississippi Choctaw “Rejected” Does not necessarilary mean that an MCR Mississippi Choctaw Claimant was not’ enrolled into the Choctaw Nation Tribe" Irrespective of MCR- 14th Article Removal or Non Removal to the Indian Territories- "By Jurisdiction
as an 1830 Treaty Signed 14th Article Mississippi Choctaw- Whether your MCR-14th Article Signed under the 14th Article in Mississippi or signed under 14th Article in the Indian Territories [Oklahoma]

For all those who are an Ancestor of an MCR- Enrollment card who has never known if your MCR-14th Article Claimant ancestor was ever enrolled or not enrolled- on the Final Rolls-

First-

Dawes Com., Application" for Indian Territory Lands in Indian Territory-now Oklahoma and June 10,1896 Dawes Enrollment by "Affidavit- Deposition Enrollment Signed by Stenorgapher- are Completly “Two” Separate MCR-14th Article Federal/National 14th Article 1830 Treaty issues-

In order for a Choctaw to make Dawes Commission “Application” for his/ her “Application” for their I.T.D. Indian Territory Division Lands, the applicant" had to First’ be “Enrolled” into the Choctaw
Nation" Tribe by Dawes Commission Affidavit’ MC-R- Enrollment Card- Signed by Stenographer’

These Enrollment Cards have no “MCR attached to a Roll Number” Then the Final Dawes Commission “Application” for I.T.D. Indian
Territory Land Decision Depending on the “Final” Removal and Proven Residence within the I.T.D. Indian Territory Land Decision- within time provided by the Dawes Commission. Many MCR-Refused 14th Article Claimants never removed, but was still enrolled into the Choctaw Nation Tribe by the Commission in Mississippi but was Rejected Indian Territory Lands for Non-Removal. However, was still enrolled into the Choctaw Nation Tribe’ by simply researching
by Enrollment Card Signed by tenographer, “For The Identification As
Mississippi Choctaw”

These MCR-14th Article Enrollment cards are also “Universal” with the Mississippi Band Choctaw MS-also "Universal’ with 1889 McKennon
Rolls-Recognized-1945

Research>

>Records of the testimonial case files-
MCR-[case number]

Then Research Final Rolls of the Dawes Commission to the Five Civilized Tribes for a MC-R- “Enrollment Card” [Mississippi Choctaw Enrollment Card- Signed by Stenographer]

RETRIEVE from,

> national archives
> genealogy office
> ancestry.com is a good source to info.
a Copy of Records
> vital records,
birth & death (obituary) records
marriage & divorce records
your I.D.
social security card(s)
>enrollment card approved by the secretary
of Interior D.O.I. card info will be in the records of the case file.

{mcr testimonial cases file]
the FinalRolls of the Dawes Rolls
“commission to the Five Ciilized Tribes”

TRACE YOUR BLOOD LINE TO THE NEAREST ANCESTOR ENROLLED.

Last, First, and Middle Names.
  • Type. The type of card. This is either a “By Blood (BB)”, “Doubtful (D)”, "Minor (M), “Newborn (NB)”, “Rejected” cards.
    et.,al., “MCR” only’ refers to Dawes Commission by “Application” Rejected For I.T.D. Indian Territory Division Lands- Completely separate from Mississippi Choctaw Enrollment cards signed by “Stenographer”. “P” means the person is listed as a parent on the Dawes cards.
  • Age and Sex.

•Card. There are “Two” Enrollment Cards Numbers- Those 1,540 Special MCR- Card Numbers and 14,000 Final Dawes Roll Cards.

•Roll. This is the Dawes Final roll number.
The Mississippi Choctaw Are enrolled on June 10, 1896 Special Roll Cards- Out of over 25,000, Mississippi Choctaw Applications- There were only’ 1,540 “Special MCR- Mississippi Choctaw Roll” Cards-By Blood, Not’ to be misconstrued as to the over 14,000, Choctaw By Blood Enrolled onto the Feb 8, 1887 Dawes Final Rolls

Final Determination for CDIB Application Dependent on Choctaw Nation[S] Enrollment Criteria- Enrollment Determination.

Sincerely; Leo Pergson Su-Quah-Natch-Ah Band Choctaw- MSGenweb.Org USGenweb.Org- TheMSGenweb.Org