Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma

The Great Seal of the Choctaw Nation
RSS

Hello

Kristi E. Kristi E.

posted on October 3, 2012

My fiance has a CDIB card through the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma. He has family in Wister, Ok, which is close to Poteau. they have offered to apply for CDIB cards for our daughters. Problem is they said they need the original birth certificates to do this. We live in New York, and I don’t really want to send their original BC’s through the mail. I’d be quite upset if they were to get lost. Does anybody know of any way we can apply without doing this? Any comments will be helpful. thank you

suzanne hamlet shatto suzanne hamlet shatto

you can get another copy of a birth certificate from state vital records. they mean they need an original birth certificate, not a xerox copy. so you don’t have to send the first birth certificate that you have received.

they need to see the seals that are often on birth certificates.

if you want to order a birth certificate to come fairly quickly, you can use vitalchek.
http://www.vitalchek.com/
many counties or states do fulfill orders fairly promptly also.

when i sent in my late husband’s birth certificate, they sent it back fairly promptly.

Sarah Turner Sarah Turner

His family may even be able to go to a local Health Department that offers that service and they could approve it and send them the BC’s that they need. I know in McAlester if you need your own or your child’s BC all you have to do is show your ID and they will print you off a certified original right then and there. Very quick and easy, which McAlester is also out of the way from Poteau but they might see if one closer offers that too.

Kristi E. Kristi E.

Thank you to both of you. I will most likely get another copy of the birth certificates. I plan on moving to Wister/Poteau area maybe next year or sooner. I wanted the cards for them so they can get the benefits of being choctaw. :)