Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma

The Great Seal of the Choctaw Nation
RSS

I'm looking for my grandfather's friend.

Roxsan Young Roxsan Young

posted on September 2, 2010 and updated on September 11, 2010

This was a friend of my grandfathers in Caney Oklahoma in 1936. I’ve been told he joined the service. Does anyone recognize him? My grandmother met with him again at a parade in Caney (1986), they were dear old friends. My mother only remembers that he was Choctaw. If he is still with us he may have stories that I would so love to hear. If not…maybe someone in his family does . Please look at the attached photo and/or pass it on.

Dawn

attached:

DScott DScott

posted on September 10, 2010

I now live in Caddo OK, but my father was born in caney in 1939. I tried to look at the attched pic but couldn’t view it. Can you send another?

posted on September 11, 2010 and updated on April 8, 2012

Hello: I am posting the picture again in jpeg, hopefully that works. Thank you for checking in. I’ve finally uploaded the photo.

attached:

posted on June 7, 2011

Does anyone remember anything about Carl Jarnagin or Pauline McLain? Lived in Caney about 1936 or so?

suzanne hamlet shatto suzanne hamlet shatto

posted on June 8, 2011

i do not know these people, however there is a jarnigan post on the genealogy board recently.

have you looked on whitepages.com? or ancestry.com? or rootsweb.ancestry.com for the social security death index 1964-present. maybe an obituary can help you. once you have a date of death, you can try to get a copy of the obituary from your local public library interlibrary loan program.

posted on September 24, 2011

I’m trying to post photo again. Do you know who this is? My grandmother took this photo in Caney. 1986

attached:

posted on September 24, 2011 and updated on April 19, 2012

I finally have the photo posted. Does anyone know who this is? Thank you

His name may be Gilbert “Choc” Charleston. He may have stories of my grandparents. Pauline (McLain) and Carl Jarnagin. I would love to hear them. Thank you

attached: